We have implemented and maintain ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System and OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management System. We comply with the following statutory requirements.OHSE Policy
Environment Rules & Acts
- The Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 & Amendments thereafter
- The Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Cess Act, 1977
- The Air (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1981 & Amendments thereafter
- The Environment (Protection) Act and Rules, 1986
- ODS Rules 2000
- Hazardous Wastes (Management & Handling Rules), 1989
- Manufacturing, Storage & Import of Hazardous Chemical Rules, 1989
- Motor Vehicle Act 1988
- The Batteries (Management & Handling) Rules 2001
Ambient Noise Standards Rules & Acts
- National Ambient Air Quality Standards, 1994
- Noise Pollution (Regulation and Control) Rules, 2000
- DG Set Amendment Rules 1998 & 2003
- Public Liability Insurance Act, 1991 & Amendments thereafter
Safety Rules & Acts
- Factory Act, 1948 & Maharashtra Factory Rules 1983
- Indian Electricity Rules, 1956
- Petroleum Rules, 1976
- Explosive Rules, 1983
- Gas Cylinder Rules 1981
- Static and Mobile Pressure Vessels Rules 1981
- Boiler Act 1923
PRESTIGIOUS INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
Best Practices / Preventive Measures at KCSSPL
- As per section 64 (1) of MFR-1963, No lifting machine and no chain, rope of lifting tackles is being taken in use for the first time unless it has been tested and all parts have been thoroughly examined by a competent person.
- As per section 64 (2) of MFR-1963, reduced the inspection frequency of lifting machines, chains, rope & sling tools & tackles, Pressure vessels, lift & cranes from half yearly to quarterly and are being carried out by external competent agency basis & records are being maintained in Form- 11, 12.
- (Standard Norms of MFR-1963 are half & yearly)
- Weekly Preventive Maintenance schedule of all the kind of furnaces & equipments.
- Displayed SOP & work instructions for all the critical equipments at prominent place in local language & also conduct on the job training regularly.
- Advanced lock out & tag out system (LOTO) was introduced in all the sections and Implementation started.
- Carried out Hazardous identification & Risk assessment throughout the plant by external competent person.
- Strictly follow work permit systems.
- Reduced frequency for Preventive maintenance of fire fighting equipments though external competent agency from quarterly to monthly.
- Integrated OHSAS-18001 & ISO-14001 systems have been successfully implemented.
- Management appointed Safety Coordinators & stewards to cover all the shops round the clock.
- Appointed Chief HSE & HSE leaders & issued empowerment letters signed by occupier along with clearly defined the responsibilities under the all concerned Acts & rules w. r. t safety & Environment.
- In view of continual improvement in safety, employee consultation and communication, tools box talks started throughout the plant & maintaining records.
- Developed more than 10% certified first aiders & Fire warden to tackle any emergency effectively.
- Quality of Personal protective equipments was reviewed in micro level & procurement is being done as per Indian standards.
- Weight age w.r.t safety & environment was given to individual in yearly performance appraisal system.
- Meeting with contractors is being arranged for discussion all safety issues fortnightly basis.